Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Rethinking the green . . .


Tonight I sit here with my fingers on the keys contemplating what I want to share with you. I find myself thinking of how I like to use my  rose colored glass to view the world. I like my Pollyanna view most of the time, but I may need to light up the dark dusty rose to a more pinkish hue on those lens.
I am finding that even though I am in my 50's, I still think like a five year old when it comes to matters of finance. Now, you may think, how the heck can she do that?! I have been surrounded by people who are financially responsible and have compensated for my lack of wanting to be "mature" about money. Money burns a hole in my pocket. If I have it, I must spend it. What else are your wants for but to be instantly gratified?!!! You can imagine how frustrating that may be for those around me that see the bigger picture and are actually trying make sure our future is secure!! Thank God he blessed me with people who can do that! So in the interest of, gulp, growing up a bit, I am working on matters of finance these days. Wondering what some of the things are you are working on these days . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ran across your blog in my Google alerts...

I'm on the other coast, and have had a similar journey in ignoring the importance of money.

I think age 50, or 30, or 43, or whatever is right for you, is a good age to wake up!


We're not grownups until we control our money. And daddies, and hubbies don't live forever ;-)

Sale travels on your journey.

Deborah Truesdell said...

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for commenting, and you are exactly right, we are not grownups until we can control our money! And yes, daddies and hubbies don't live forever. I really appreciated you leaving me your words! Safe travels to you, also!

Tamsie said...

I love Pollyanna...as long as she's willing to serve me a martini! We have such a good life.