Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The little things that make our lives matter . . .


I was thinking about the little things that matter in our lives. I was thinking about good health and feeling strong on my morning walk. The love of and for my pets. The sound of the birds at the feeder in the backyard. Being able to pick up the phone and hear the sound of someone I love who is just a little too far away to reach out and give a hug to. Looking up into the blue of the sky and feeling the sweet breeze that caresses my face. Smiling at paint on my arms from a fun day of creating. The bittersweet feeling of finishing a book I have really enjoyed reading and am sorry to have ended. Feeling grateful that I am able to feel rested and rejuvenated each morning. The smell and taste of that first cup of morning coffee. That I get to be here now, having this experience at this time. Will you share a little thing that matters to you?

2 comments:

Tamsie said...

That my sister and BFF will be there for me when I tearfully share the death of a loved one.
That Allan tries to make me laugh by being goofy in only a way Allan can.
That sometimes comfort can be found in a fresh cup of coffee or a newly opened bag of chips.
And, at the end of the day a good book can be better than any tv show.

Bear Chick said...

My husband running out of the living room when there's a commercial on the tv, to give me a kiss at the computer, my cat sleeping in my lap, being able to read, no matter how thick my lenses are getting, warm days and cool nights. So much more...