Thursday, June 26, 2008

Project Number Two . . .



All is well and I am happy to post pictures of project number two for Deryn's book challenge. I didn't like designing these earrings so much, but once they were done and I wore them, I actually liked them. They have a little sound to them because the pieces on the inside have movement. I have already been asked to teach them as a class! I love that I have a stash of etched metal which is ideal for the projects in this book! Yesterday I played all day with patinas and I am such a lover of green patina on copper. Today I get to start project number 3, a personal favorite!
Life is good today. I have my walk completed, my front yard mowed and I am playing this afternoon with art projects. I miss my friend Linda who is on vacation, and Linda, if you are reading this, come home soon! I am working a thought around in my head regarding volunteer work. I have done hospice volunteering before, but I am wondering this time around about doing something with art therapy. There is a very cool center in San Diego, but I was hoping to find something a little closer to home. I will have to put my feelers out and see what happens. (I get a funny visual when I think of myself with feelers - the kind moths have!). I'll keep you posted.
For today I will leave you with this thought (and I hope you are still acknowledging five things to be grateful for!), "Being a spiritual being involves being able to touch your invisible self." Let your light shine in the world today!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent! I love the patina you've got!

Tamsie said...

Wonderful! I am so glad you have the time to spend uncovering your inner artist.
Hey, I visited Something Subline and left a comment. She responded!
I would really like to take a workshop with her, if I could only paint faces!
Hugs, Gail!

Anonymous said...

beautiful! These turned out great, isn't this challenge fun?
Beth

beautifullybrokenme said...

These turned out great! I love the way you did your wire wrapping - it seems to give the pieces structure and balance. I can't wait to see your project #3!

- Molly