Monday, May 5, 2008

Rainy Day Mondays


Just kidding, it's not raining, but it is Monday and the sky is very gray and it is cold and it feels like it could rain if it even thought about it for half a second. This was a good past week and weekend. I taught a glass slide soldering class on Sunday and had fun ladies in my class. It always makes me feel good when I hear students say, "This is fun!" and they leave with big smiles on their faces cradling their newly made treasures in their hands. I also was able to schedule a new class teaching Artgirlz pins for a couple of days in the upcoming months. We watched a very good movie this weekend, a Jim Carey movie called something like, The Immaculate Mind of the Sunshine Band or something like that :). It had a profound affect on my psyche, causing some pretty weird dreams that night! Speaking of dreams, I had a dream last night and my dad was in it (he as been gone for 18 years now), but it left me with a happiness in my heart to have seen him again. I dream alot, with very vivid details and I truly feel I work alot of things out in my dreams that I don't want to deal with in my waking life. It's a whole other world out there. Isn't it interesting how some of the feelings from our dreams can linger so strongly into our waking time the next day?
Wow, didn't think I was going to be going into that place with you guys! So anyway, the picture I have posted today are some pin cushions I just had to create after seeing an article in the Cloth Paper Scissors Studio edition. I just love these! They look like yummy cloth cupcakes to me!!
I have been thinking about needing to live within my means lately (not a fun topic for me as many of you know!!) I don't like to get serious about money at all! I am consciously working on using what I have and creating with the wealth of art supplies I have already amassed. That is not a far stretch because I have alot to play with! Fortunately, learning new techniques doesn't take alot of new stuff, it just takes thinking about your stuff in a new way. I am up for the challenge!
Today I leave you with this thought: "Attachment to being right creates suffering. When you have a choice to be right or to be kind, choose kindness and watch your suffering disappear."

3 comments:

Tamsie said...

LOL...Maybe try: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind for the movie title. Love that you just don't get bogged down in the details.
The photo is great. Very playful.
Two years ago I started a budget on Xcel and it's been great. I track monthly expenses and all the "fluff". How much did I spend on books again??? Good luck!
me

The Artful Eye said...

Hi Deborah,
Glad to see you're back.

These pin cushions are lovely, at first I thought they were little umbrellas,to go along with your post Rainy Day Mondays.

Hope all is well. Your quote really moved me.

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Hello!

Just discovered your blog from a comment you left on Liz's site at be present be here. I'm enjoying your posts.

Encinitas is one of my favorite places on earth! My husband used to live near Moonlight Beach and also in Oceanside. Now we're in Ohio. Ugh.

I look forward to checking in with you now on my blog roll.

Peace,
Lisa