Tuesday, July 8, 2008

This has been way too much fun . . .


Okay, here is the 4th project from Mary's book for Deryn's challenge. This one was so fun and easy, I had to make two at the same time! Haven't we already recognized that these make a great earring design, too? Every time I make one of the pieces in this challenge, it becomes my favorite piece! I am really having fun with this, thank you Deryn! I love wearing the pieces I have made, and I always get a compliment on them. Both of these pieces were made with etched copper On one of them I did a heat patina on the brass and on the other one I stamped random letters on to the brass. Again, I love that the pieces in Mary's book have such great movement, it makes wearing them very fun. Don't you just love making the little balls on the end of the wire and turning it pink? I have also branched out on the third project design, and will post some of those results later this week. I am now contemplating the pod project and can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. If I were 10 and had to write a paper when school starts in the fall about what I did on my summer vacation, this would be one of the best things I would write about!

5 comments:

beautifullybrokenme said...

Deborah -

These are just awesome! Can't wait to see #5...!

Molly

Tamsie said...

"Turning balls pink", yep, that's my girl!
Great work. I can tell you're having a blast.

Fanciful Expressions said...

Deborah,

Great work! I can see why you made more than one----they look so good. I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve. Isn't this a great way to spend the summer?

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful! I'm glad you're having so much fun...I'm loving it too. It's a great way to expand your creativity!

Diane said...

Deborah~These turned out fantastic. Luv, luv the etching; which I am itching to do myself!