Thursday, May 29, 2008

Out with the old, in with the new . . .


Well, not really in with the new, but I am trying to get rid of some of the old. Stuff that is. Isn't it amazing how much "stuff" we amass in our lives? I know when I was younger I thought alot of stuff meant I was being successful. But my gosh, I now realize that my stuff has nothing to do with my success. In fact, I think having to deal with all these possessions actual detracts from my quality of life. I don't care how many bags of "things" I take to the Goodwill, I still find myself filling more bags to let go of. In an effort to cut down on the clutter I am finding myself trying to not be such an eager consumer. I do have a couple of weaknesses, though. Paper is one, I have plenty, but I am a sucker for a cool piece of art paper. I also seem to always find a book with my name written on it and I know my Barnes and Noble membership has more than paid for itself many times over! I am happy to be actually looking through some of the cool art books I have purchased in the past, and I think now is the time to actually do some of the projects. Lord knows, I most likely have all the supplies I could possibly need to complete them! So somewhere in there is the idea of being content with what you have, and finding the balance between letting go and bringing in the new. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Tamsie said...

These are really cool. Maybe foder for RAG...I liked that idea.
Kinda a cloudy day here. Good movie weather.
Hugs,