Friday, March 7, 2008

Welcome home!


Well, I have returned! As you know I left to help out my mom (thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers for her!), and she is going to be as good as ever. She was bruised and banged up, but no broken bones or internal injuries, thank God. But adding insult to injury, she came down with the flu at the same time! Ahh, that just stinks no matter how you slice it! At this point I think she is feeling worse from the flu than the car accident, and I know by next week she'll be feeling a whole lot better.

I didn't have access to a computer while I was gone and so no posting and no blog cruising (a small addiction on my part, kind of like visiting Barnes and Noble several times a week!). I did, however, get in touch with getting to be of service for someone, not something I do very often. Those who know me are aware I have alot of time to do what I want to do for me. It was good to give back in a small way to my mom and to be able to be the strong one for her.

I didn't take art supplies, just socks I am knitting and books, lots of books. I have been reading The Red Book, A Deliciously Unorthodox Approach to Igniting Your Divine Spark by Sera Beak. I am almost done with it and it has been an entertaining read. There's alot of energy in the writing and alot of humor, a good combination. I missed the opening registration for DJ Pettitt's class in June in Arizona, that must mean there's going to be another opportunity for me to do something very fun in June!

I just started reading Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth, Awakening to Your Life's Purpose. I think I am getting a better grasp on the ego thing from reading the first couple of chapters. In the past it has been like chemistry class, I can follow along for the first two days and then I am lost for the rest of the semester. Tolle's presentation is allowing me to get a better grip on it. Is anybody else out there reading this book? What are your thoughts about it?

Okay, only one more book and then I am going to be done talking about books for the rest of this entry, I promise. I picked up Semiprecious Salvage by Stephanie Lee and my fingers are itching to try out some of her projects! It's just my kind of art and the projects are very doable. She does a bit of metal etching and the little I have done of this I really enjoyed! I hopefully will make something worth posting here for your future viewing pleasure.

Well, I wondered if I would have trouble finding something to chat about when I got back in the saddle, and I can see that I had no trouble at all. Surprise, surprise. My most heartfelt thanks again to everyone for their good thoughts for my mom.

"Your power and authentcity as a person won't be measured by duration, but by your donations of love."

Ahh, it's good to be home . . .

2 comments:

Tamsie said...

Glad you're back into your routine!
Look forward to seeing more of your Art.
Welcome back.

The Artful Eye said...

Glad to see you back in the saddle!

It sounds like you've got some good reads there. I may have to check these out.