Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Another day in paradise . . .


Does it get any better than this?! Spring has definitely arrived in Southern California! As I took my walk this morning I heard ducks doing the happy dance on the San Luis Rey River, saw a pair of white egrets, black crows flying with nesting material in their beaks, a red tail hawk lazily meandering along side the river, a swallow flitting as only swallows can do, and hummingbirds flashing their ruby colored throats in the sun. What a treat my morning walk was today!

Then it does get better because I was able to have lunch with my friend Garnet and then drive home up the coast and the beach was picture perfect!!! After lunch we went to The Black Sheep and I bought two skeins of Noro's Kueryon sock yarn, yummy!!!

This picture was taken in Dublin last summer. I loved the colors in this and the dancing figures. I can just imagine the afternoon tea sitting in these little green chairs and enjoying the fresh air. This shop just screamed whimsy and fun, who could resist going to see what delights were awaiting one on the inside?

"Be in this moment. There has always only been NOW."

2 comments:

The Artful Eye said...

I love the whimsy of color in this photo. I'm glad you are posting.
I hope you'll post some of your lovely artwork.

Tamsie said...

Great Picture...Makes me want a vacation even more.
me