Thursday, April 30, 2009

A little lunch, a little shopping, a little art . . .



Today was a good day! I met a dear friend for lunch and was able to get caught up with her. Then a hop, skip and a jump over to Stamping Details to schedule more classes to teach in June, to sign up for a book making class in May and to purchase the lovely gold encaustic wax you see here. Boy, life is good!! Every since taking the Karen O'Brien class on Friday I have been chomping at the bit to get my hands on some new glazes and since I was half way to San Diego anyway, I went down to Dick Blick and purchased the other supplies you see here. Man, I feel rich with new art supplies! Love it!! The cover piece to my project from Karen's class is coming together. Yesterday I spread out all my papers and painted the backs of them to reinforce the techniques I'd learned and to get these pages ready to put into a book. Ahhh yes, life is good today!

2 comments:

Tamsie said...

Thank goodness you were albe to find these supplies. Not sure how you ever produced art without them!
Love the papers...
I'm counting the hours down until I can get my butt home. I think I see little journals in my future.
It's a beautiful day here (please dear God, let the sun shine upon Minnesota for many more days to come).
Need a latte today. I think I have a chocolate hangover.

The Artful Eye said...

Don't you love buying supplies. Eeekk! I do. Can't wait to see how your book comes together. I'm still dreaming of your beautiful felted knit projects.