Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sniffle, sniffle . . .


Ah, I write today with a fistful of Kleenex in one hand and a glass of orange juice in the other. I have succumbed to a nasty cold and it is kicking my butt! Good thing for you guys germs cannot travel in blogland. Did I mention I sprained my ankle last week while I was taking my walk? Within the last 5 days we also have had two fires on Camp Pendleton and I could see the flames moving in the direction of our house from our front door. I have the box of important papers by the front door and the kitty carriers in the corner in case we have to make a fast get away. I think the good news is the ground has now all been burnt so there is nothing for a new fire to use for fuel. Sounds like my charmed life is falling apart!!
But there have been bright spots, too, as there always is in life. I had such a good class this past Sunday, three ladies who made teaching PMC so fun. I love how the universe puts such nice people in my path - I always get the best students! I also am scheduled to teach at Studio Maureen this coming Saturday and Sunday I am taking a collage class with artist Karen O'Brien. Today I received the funniest card from my BFF, I love unexpected mail sent with love and a laugh inside! So see, life is still good and I am going to be good as new in no time (cough, sniffle, cough)!!

3 comments:

Fanciful Expressions said...

So sorry to hear that you're under the weather. Drink lots of liquids and get as much rest as you can and you'll feel better in no time. And,bless you in advance, for any sneezes that happen.

Hugs,
Carolyn

Tamsie said...

LOL, great post. And that little bird - my my my.
Glad you're better and remember: God is not a snot wad!

Fanciful Expressions said...

Thank you so much, my friend, for keeping me and Jake in your thoughts. He's still hanging in. Some days are better than others and the wheezing comes and goes.Still doesn't seem as if he's in any pain. I'm grateful that I'm able to spend so much time with him.Thanks again.

Love,
Carolyn