Sunday, September 28, 2008

Prayers for my blog friends . . .


Today my heart finds it's self being called upon to say special prayers for several people. I am a big believer in the power of prayer and I feel it is an honor to pray for those we care about. I don't always know exactly what I should be praying for so I just ask they be given the strength to carry the heavy weight in their hearts and to feel the hugs of those that are caring for them during their hard time.
Today feels a bit like fall and there are yummy smells in the house from the pot roast cooking in the crock pot (anticipating J's return from his hike on Iron Mountain). I had time this morning to work in the little art room creating more beaded figures and squeezing in a little more knitting.
I have wanted to comment on Kelly Rae Roberts new book, Taking Flight. It is an excellent book! My thanks to her for giving us fellow artists such an inspirational and technique filled book! I think it is up there with some of my very favorite art books - way to go Kelly Rae!!! If you haven't had a chance to check it out yet, it is now in Barnes and Noble and is worth looking for on the shelves.
I feel the need to leave you with the following words today: "Love is warm about you, for you shall function through spirit and there is all strength at your command."

3 comments:

Tamsie said...

Hi Honey! I'm back!!! Your art dolls (I'm not sure that "doll" is the correct word, maybe sculptures) are fantastic!!
Missed you and glad to be home.

Deborah Truesdell said...

Tamsie - so glad to have you home!!! I know I can count on you to have at least one comment to my blog entries!! Welcome home! I am working on more beaded divas as we speak.

Hugs, I have missed you, too!

Diane said...

Yes, kellie's book is great. I read thru it immediately. Thank you so much for your prayers~so many people in Texas need it right now.
May you have a peace filled evening =)