Saturday, July 4, 2009

Again, with the painting, lesson 2 .


This is my painting from Julie's online painting class, lesson number 2: The Old Sea Calls to Me. I love the blues and greens, and I have to say, the colors are richer in person than the scanned image is portraying. I am learning a lot about layering and blending and creating interest in my pages, and I am loving it! I can't wait to work my way through all 9 lessons. Yup, you are going to have to see all nine! The next one is in golds and browns, loving the rich colors we are using and learning how to age my work.
Today is a very quiet 4th of July here in town, Happy Birthday America! J is on a long hike. I am trusting he is where he wants to be on the trail at this time. I am looking forward to hearing from him stating that he has completed his hike and is on his way home. I am doing painting lessons, finishing up some pieces in the art room that are waiting for final touches and making ribs and potato salad for our dinner! A pretty darn good day I would say!

1 comment:

Tamsie said...

this is wonderful. the colors are fantastic