Monday, November 24, 2008

Giving thanks for the blessings that are mine . . .


This morning I was reading my one of my favorite books and this line jumped out at me: "Let quietness be in your heart today, peace be in your soul." I just really love the cadence of this sentence. I thought this would make a wonderful replacement for my typical, "Have a good day.", but my BFF suggested I may want to rethink that! I guess I will just keep it as silent mantra for traffic jams and long grocery lines! I wouldn't be surprised to see it show up in one or two of my pieces of art one day, though.
I taught class this weekend, and one of my students was given the class as a birthday present from her friend. That really touched my heart. I have been working on my journals for the gallery and will deliver them tomorrow. I have been having fun with them and want to make more when this batch is done to have on hand for future shows.
I know we are getting ready for the Thanksgiving holiday this week, so I want to wish all of you that quietness in your heart and the peace in your soul as you celebrate your gratitude for your journey. I'll catch up with you all next week! Hugs from me to you!

4 comments:

Tamsie said...

That BFF of yours is one smart cookie. Of course donning a muu-muu and turban can make anything ok! Great Photo.

liversliver said...

Deborah, what a way you have with the written word! Not only do you create great art - you need to write a book. Can't wait to see you at Craft-o-rama Friday. Then, let's play! Ask me about my blog identity when I see you. . . .

Anonymous said...

This is your little sister, and I wanted to let you know I went back and read you blogs. I don't always get on my computer to check things out, but I do love you and your blogs are very insightful and fun. I am so very proud of you and all your doing. I really enjoy seeing you when you come up and soon I will make a trip down, Then we will have some fun. keep doing what your doing and being who you are, because you are great.

Fanciful Expressions said...

Hi Deborah,
I'm just stopping by to say "hi". Hope that you had a great Thanksgiving, my friend. Looking forward to Christmas? I enjoy the holidays so much.

Hugs,
Carolyn