Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Still here and still learning!


Not that anyone other than me will probably care, but I couldn't understand why the post I wrote this morning was not appearing on my new blog site. (And yes, as soon as I woke up I logged on to make sure my blog site was still there!). A long story shortened - I had posted my entry into a second site which I had accidently created when I couldn't get into this one while I was trying to create it! Technology can drive me crazy! Okay, that is out of my system and I now move forward.

I have had kind responses and encouragement to my new blog and this makes me so happy! I am expanding out of my shell to do this and it makes me feel suppored to keep on going. I do thrive on encouragement, don't we all? I have often thought one of my spiritual gifts was the gift of encouragement, what are some of yours?

Today I had lunch with some old friends I haven't seen for a long while, and I realized how blessed we are by the friendships we have created on our journey. Some people are with us forever and some come and go off the path, but all touch our hearts and lives in ways that make us better people. It's those connections that help to define who we are.

Well, I feel better knowing this is going to post where it is suppose to and I look forward to sharing more of my journey with you!


"But what do you do when the spirit becomes stronger than the rational brain?" - Sera Beck The Red Book


Warmly,

Deborah

6 comments:

The Artful Eye said...

"Day 2", Hooray! I was going to tell you to get rid of that duplicate blog and look you figured it out. Little by little, step by step.

I was having a heck of a time with my recent post. Something went kaplooey and it was not getting along with any of my browsers. I'm not sure I've figured out what is wrong yet.

Still working it...aye carumba.

So happy you've joined us.

Tamsie said...

I had to laugh about technology. 15 years ago, I would not have imagined sitting at work reading a blog (oops did that slip out?)
Like the Yellow! These old eyes need all the help they can get.
Hugs,
Tamsie

kelly rae said...

i have often thought about getting the red book - i need to get it.

i love seeing tamsie's comments in these last two post - the email you sent with the two of you completely had me grinning very, very wide. thank you for sharing your creations with me - such fun.

i can tell you are a light spirit, with much joy and depth. here's to your new blog - you're gonna love it!

Emma said...

It's with a certain glee that I leave this comment as the first (as far as I can tell) stranger. Blogging, though sometimes silly, is a joy as well. I hope you take as much pleasure as I've found in mine as well as the fun in following other people's life experiences. The Apollinaire quote is lovely, and those dolls are absolutely adorable!
All the best,
Emma

Deborah Truesdell said...

Emma - Yes you are the first "stranger", but now considered a blog friend!, to leave a post! And that excites me as much as having Kelly Rae leave me a post! The dolls were the unembellished dolls which were published in Art Doll Quarterly Winter 2008 edition. Life is good!!!

Thanks for leaving me a note!

la fourchette said...

Okay...here's a technology giggle: I had bookmarked your blog and kept coming back to visit only to find the same post. You had started out with so much enthusiasm, I couldn't imagine what was taking so long for the next post. errrr...that would be because I bookmarked your first post page and not your home page...oooops. See, that learning curve thing is never-ending.
Keep up the good work...now that I'm on the same page!
ciao!
Leslie